I have immense pleasure to introduce our Bank which has the distinction of having the Highest Net worth among all the Regional Rural Banks in the country as on 31.03.2016. Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank came into existence on 01.06.2006, after amalgamation of erstwhile 3 RRBs – Rayalaseema Grameena Bank, Sree Anantha Grameena Bank and Pinakini Grameena Bank (All Sponsored by the Public Sector Bank -Syndicate Bank) as per the Notification of the Government of India.
- The Bank has a wide network of 500 branches spread over 5 districts namely 1. Anantapur, 2.Kadapa, 3.Kurnool, 4.Nellore, 5.Prakasam and as on date 7 Regional Offices were set up for administrative convenience. During the present financial year the Bask has opened another 3 branches, with that total branch net work is 503 as on date.
The Total Business of the Bank touched Rs.17838 Crore as on 31.03.2016, with a quantum jump of Rs.2703 Crore over the corresponding period last year (31st March, 2015).
The Bank achieved a Deposit Level of Rs.9595 Crore as on 31.03.2016, with a quantum increase of Rs.1782 crore over the previous year registering YoY growth rate of 22.80%.
The Bank earned a Net Profit of Rs.166.06 crore for financial year 2015-16
The Total Net Worth of the Bank stood at Rs.1637 crore as on 31.03.2016,whichis highest among all RRBs in the Country.
The outstanding Advances of the Bank reached the level of Rs.8244 Crore as on 31.03.2016 with a quantum increase of Rs.922 crore over the previous year registering YoY growth rate of 12.59%.
Fulfilling the established aim, the Bank attached greater emphasis for lending to priority sector and the Priority Sector Advances touched a level of Rs.7180 Crore as on 31.03.2016, which accounts for 87.10% of Gross Advances as against the mandatory level of 60%.
The Bank’s exposure to Agriculture sector, which is one of the top most priorities of the Bank, reached a level Rs.6265 crore as on 31.03.2016, constituting 76% of Gross Advances as against the mandatory level of 18% stipulated by RBI..
Credit-Deposit Ratio of the Bank stood at 85.92%.
The Bank was offering Interest rate of 8.75% pa on Deposits for Senior Citizens (8.00% pa to others) which is highest among all the the Public Sector Banks. At present interest rate is 8.50% (7.75+0.75%)
Bank has extended Financial Assistance to weaken sections, SF,MF,AL to the tune of Rs.6075 Crore constituting 74%.The Bank has opened 30 New Branches during the financial year 2015 - 16.
Keeping the empowerment of rural women in the top most agenda, the Bank has linked 95910 Self Help Groups with outstanding loan amount of Rs.1917 Crore as on 31.03.2016.
The Bank’s Business outreach further widened with total number of customers growing to 60 lakh with the deposit accounts at about 48.50 lakh while loan accounts are at about 11.50 lakh.
The Credit disbursements of the Bank for 2015-16 are Rs.6842 Crores, of which disbursements to Priority Sector Advances are Rs.5545 Crores, Agriculture Advances Rs.4967 Crores, and MSME Rs.508 Crores.
- The Bank has issued 184505 RuPay cards.
- The Bank has issued 536771 Kisan Credit Cards involving an amount of Rs.4639 crore.
- All the 503 branches of the Bank are on Core Banking Solutions (CBS), paving way for online transactions, anywhere in the operational area of the Bank to our customers.
. The Bank is extending RTGS and NEFT facilities.
- The Bank has introduced ATMs and issuing ATM cards to the customers.
- The Bank has opened 59 ATM cash dispensers.
- The Bank has successfully launched RuPay Debit Card and RupPay Kissan Credit Cards.
- Bank has launched Mobile Banking, Missed call Banking facility.
- Introduced SMS Alert facility to Savings Bank / Current Account/CC/OD customers.
- The Bank opened 397512 SB accounts during the year 2015-16 and covered the uncovered persons in the operational area of the Bank.
- The Bank has opened another 580093 SB accounts under PMJDY Programme.
Bank has successfully implemented Financial Inclusion, covered 1899 villages allotted to the Bank.
Under Financial Inclusion, Bank has been awarded SKOCH order of Merit for Financial Year 2015-16.
SKOCH award of Highest Independent honor in India for Financial Inclusion has also been awarded to the Bank for the year 2015-16.
Inclusive Finance India Award for use an implementation of Information Technology in Spreading Financial Inclusion has also been conferred to the Bank for 2015-16
The Bank has actively implemented the Social Security Schemes launched by the Government of India. The Bank has mobilized 158622 policies Under PMJJBY @ Rs.330/- as premium for each policy and 220 claims have been settled @ Rs.2.00 lacs each and Rs.4.40 crores have been disbursed to the dependents of deceased
The Bank also canvassed 648871 policies Under PMSBY @ Rs.12/- as premium for each policy and 41 claims have been settled @ Rs.2.00 lacs each and Rs.84.00 lacs have been disbursed to the dependents of deceased.
Under Atal Pension Yojana, which is aimed to benefit the unorganized economic group to provided pension after 60 years, the Bank has mobilized 8118 pension accounts.
- The bank has completed seeding of 13.50 lac Aadhaar numbers to the SB accounts of the customers for availing the benefits under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT)Scheme.
- The Bank financed 1432 JOINT LIABILITY GROUPS involving an amount of Rs.16 crore covering about 7160 members.
- The Bank has conducted Financial Literacy Awareness Programs in 1899 FI villages under the auspices of NABARD to create financial literacy awareness among the rural clientele, before 31.03.2016.
The Bank conducted 1190 “PALLE PRAGATHI SADASSULU” during the year 2015-16 to create awareness among the rural people about the Financial Literacy and the Products and Services offered by the Bank.
The Head Office of the Bank has been shifted to its own Building.
I thank you for visiting our Website and request you to give your valuable feedback on various products for further improvement.
With warm regards.
D. Sampath Kumar Chary