- Pension Notification- Operational Guidelines placed under Notifications tab
- Bank received best Technology Award from IBA on 23.02.2018
- Bank received IDRBT Banking Technology Award for the year 2016-17
- The Bank has implemented Internet Banking facility wef 02-08-2017
- Mobile banking / UPI / USSD introduced in all Branches-Customers can avail this facility by contacting the Home Branch
- Bank registered the Highest NetWorth of Rs.2074.38 crore among RRBs for FY 2017-18.
Andhra Pragathi Grameena Bank came into existence from 01.06.2006 by amalgamating Rayalaseema Grameena Bank, Sri Anantha Grameena Bank and Pinakini Grameena Bank consequent upon the Government of India Notification dt.01.06.2006. The Bank is constituted under Regional Rural Banks Act 1976. The Bank is having its Head Office at KADAPA with a jurisdiction of 5 districts namely Anantapur, Y. S. R (Kadapa), Kurnool, Nellore and Prakasam. The Bank is having 7 Regional offices with its Head quarters at 5 district Head Quarters, Kadiri of Anantapur district and in Nandyal of Kurnool district. The Bank is providing banking services with its 470 branches as on 31.03.2015. The Bank is catering to the needs of Rural Poor mainly and to all other sectors also. The Bank has been playing a pivotal role in economic development of its operational area by outreaching the people in the countryside. The Bank earned Net profit of Rs.165 Crore as on 31.03.2015 and stood first among all RRBs sponsored by Syndicate Bank and all RRBs in the Andhra Pradesh State in respect of networth Rs. 1471 Crore.
The entire area of operation of the Bank, which is mostly in Rayalaseema region, is characterized by drought and backwardness. About 75% of the population in the area lives in countryside. The soils are mostly black and red, about 75% of the area is rain fed and farmers depend on rain fed crops and Irrigation sources viz., canals, tanks, bore wells etc., the major crops grown are paddy, cotton (hybrid), chilies, vegetables, horticulture crops like banana, papaya, sweet orange, mango etc., and under rain fed conditions the major crops grown are ground nut, jowar, Bengal gram, sun-flower, coriander, tobacco, etc. The area is rich in minerals viz., barites, limestone, granite, black and colour slabs, slates etc
The important rivers flowing through the Bank's area of operation are Krishna, Tungabhadra, Hundri, Pennar, Kundu, Papagni, Chitravathi, Sagileru, Pincha, Cheyyeru, Swarnamukhi, Paleru, Pillaperu and Gundlakamma . The Government of Andhra Pradesh awarded 'BESTBANK’ award to the bank on 17.01.2007 and on 15.01.2010.
The paid up capital of the Bank is Rs.300 lakh, contributed by the Govt. Of India, Sponsor Bank (Syndicate Bank) and the Government of Andhra Pradesh in the ratio of 50:35:15 respectively. As a part of restructuring process of RRBs, an additional share capital (in the form of share capital deposit) of Rs.3934.26 lakh was infused by the shareholders in the ratio mentioned above
HIGHLIGHTS OF PERFORMANCE OF THE APGB DURING THE YEAR 2014-15
- APGB achieved an appreciable growth rate of 31.35% under Deposits during the Financial Year 2014-15 and as a result, the Deposits have grown from Rs.5948 crore as on 31.03.2014 to Rs.7813 Cr as on 31.03.2015 as against MOU target of Rs.7150 Cr.
- The Bank surpassed the CASA Target of Rs.3000 crore by achieving a level of Rs.3005 crore as on 31.03.2015, recording a growth rate of 20% over the previous year.
- The Bank made focused attention on reduction of CD ratio during the year and achieved a CD Ratio of 93.73 % which is below the MOU target of 114.69%.
- The Total Business of the Bank reached a level of Rs.15135 Cr with a quantum jump of Rs.1870 Cr over last year.
- Net worth of the Bank rose to Rs.1471 Cr as on 31.03.2015 against Rs.1306 Cr as on 31.03.2014, which is the highest among all RRBs in the Country.
- The Branch Productivity increased from Rs.29.47 crore as on 31.03.2014 to Rs.32.20 Cr as on 31.03.2015.
- Per Employee Productivity increased from Rs.6.59 crores as on 31.03.2014 to Rs.7.14 Cr as on 31.03.2015.
- The Bank achieved a respectable Per Employee Net Profit of Rs.7.78 lakh as on 31.03.2015.
- Net Profit increased from Rs.160.37 Cr as on 31.03.2014 to Rs.165.00 Cr as on 31.03.2015 despite hefty allocations made towards provisions under various categories.
The Gross NPAs are contained at Rs.274 crore which works out to 3.74% of total advances despite unfavorable recovery conditions prevailing due to the implementation of Debt Waiver scheme, by the Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Achieved the Branch expansion target of 470 branches by opening 20 new branches during the year under review.
- Issued 336304 KCC cards to the farmers during the year
- Issued 129543 Debit Cards to the customers during the year
- Issued 446123 PMJDY Cards during the year
- Very good improvement in RTGS/NEFT transactions during the year and the number of transactions reached a level of 591554 with transactional amount of Rs.5911 crore.
- Onboarding NACH system – First among all RRBs in the Country
Completed the onboarding activity on NACH first among all RRBs. There was huge
appreciation from Sponsor Bank and NPCI on this achievement.
- Implementation of Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme, DBTL, PAHAL
Implemented Direct Benefit Transfer/Direct Benefit Transfer-LPG, PAHAL very
accurately and effectively. The number of Transactions under DBT/DBTL reached a
level of 12.87 lakh involving an amount of Rs.58.25 crore during the year.
- Onboarding to ECS enabled by NPCI
Successfully got our Bank on boarded to ECS as per NPCI norms.
On-Boarding to EBT successfully
Ours is the first Bank to onboard Electronic Benefit Transfer Scheme among all the
RRBs. NPCI extended appreciation and requested our Bank to support other
- ATMs: Identification of Centers and placing order for Cash Dispensers – RFP process has been completed and order has been placed for 90 ATMs under cost sharing pattern of NABARD, Sponsor Bank and the Bank.
- SMS Alerts:
SMS alerts have been introduced during the year and so far 62,03,313 alerts
- Offsite Monitoring
Though the Data Base is with C-Edge, we have put in place effective offsite monitor in the Bank. Introduced daily, weekly and monthly Alert Reports as a part of Offsite Monitoring.
- Revenue Audit of all Branches
A tool was developed for Revenue Audit of all the Branches and the Bank could recover seepage of Income to an extent of more than Rs. 17.00 crores during the year (September, 2014 and March 2015).
- Solar Power Packs were installed in 169 Branches) for Environmental balance
In addition to 169 branches functioning with Solar UPS, the Bank submitted another Project Report to MNRE for sanctioning Central Financial Assistance for 50 more Branches.
- CBS Manuals:
CBS Manual in both English and Telugu was provided by the Bank for the exclusive benefit of the Office Attendants promoted as Office Assistants. This has been appreciated by the Board and the Sponsor Bank.
- Mobile Banking:
Completed the formalities with RBI for permission for Mobile Banking and ours is the first RRB got permission for launching Mobile Banking. Po is placed with CEdge for implementation.
- Financial Inclusion:
Bank was allotted 1129 villages, which were grouped into 995 Sub service Areas and 995 BCs were appointed.
Effectively implemented PMJKDY programme and opened 464169 accounts and operationalised 181940 accounts (39.19%) so far.
Capacity Building Programme for BCs was conducted in 5 Districts by the Bank
- Financial Literary
In addition to the existing 2 Financial Literacy Centres, the bank opened another THREE FLCs during the year. With this, the Bank is having one FLC in each district of its operation.
- Financial Literacy awareness camps were conducted in 403 Villages
- Submitted the project to NABARD for the assistance under FITF and got sanctioned for Rs. 3.20 cr for procurement of Micro ATMs, Kisan Cards, Mobile van and ATM etc.
- FI Gateway:
Coordinated with TCS for implementation of FI Gateway. Onus/Card less transactions are through and Card present transactions are under testing.
- eKYC and AEPS:
Submitted complete documents as sought by NPCI for getting on boarded to eKYC and AEPS. Testing is going on and will be implemented soon.
- Received the Best Bank Award from NABARD for the year 2013-14 on 11.07.2014 among the RRBs in the unified state of Andhra Pradesh.
- Received II Runner up Award from Inclusive Finance India which was sponsored by NABARD in recognition of our contribution to Financial Inclusion and Financial Literacy.
- Conducted Palle Pragathi Sadassu (Village Development Meets) in all the service area villages for highlighting the Bank products and imparting Financial Literacy among the public. During the year, the branches conducted 872 Palle Pragathi Sadassu programmes which was appreciated by NABARD/RBI and Sponsor Bank.
- Organising Road Shows is the strength of our branches/ staff. Conducted 353 Road shows in Urban and Semi-urban branches during the year.
This has resulted in securing new customers and sizeable deposits besides cross selling of other products. This can be seen from the highest growth rate of 31.35% under deposits during the year under review.
- Customer Service continued to be the centric policy of the Bank and the Bank conducted about 840 Customer Meets besides conducting Customer Service Committee Meetings in all the branches periodically. Resolution of the Customer grievances is in our top most agenda and the grievances noticed have been resolved to the best satisfaction of the customers within the timeframe.
- Introduced My Favorite Branch Concept in which each Officer at Regional office/Head Office can choose 2 branches of his choice and monitor them on daily basis various functional and developmental aspects besides providing required guidance/support to the branches.
- Erected hoardings at low cost in the Semi-Urban /Urban centers and on the highways to improve the visibility in the command area.
- Introduced “Pragathi Suggestion Box”, inviting new ideas from the staff for business development.
- Internal control of the Bank is given due priority and we ensured reconciliation of accounts with other banks besides tallying of all heads of accounts.
- Investments have been done properly to increase the income.
- Inspection of all the 376 targeted branches during the year 2014-15 completed and ensured prompt rectification of reports.